Mr Pandys BIG ADVENTURE

General comments etc

Mr Pandys BIG ADVENTURE

Postby AndyPandy on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:47 pm

Hello All.

I will be leaving the country to do a stint of travelling around Asia on the 21st August. I will be goin for 4 months (coming back just before xmas). The countries I am will be visiting are (in order) Thailand (3 weeks, Cambodia, Vietnam (3 weeks combined), Laos (briefly), Sri lanka (briefly), India-Nepal-china (2ish months). I know, a lot of miles packed into quite a short time. If anyone has got any advice on things that must be done in any of these countries then feel free to advise. I do not have a lot of cash so nothing expensive unless it is wet your pants good.

Cheers,

AP :D
AndyPandy
TF2 Match Maker

Re: Mr Pandys BIG ADVENTURE

Postby RoundUp on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:23 pm

Very nice, always wanted to travel Asia!
Let me know if you want any advice about China, spent 2 months traveling round. Plus the wife's a Chink. from the most amazing small city ever, Guilin, blew me away. hot and humid tho, but stunning place... imo
any way just need to ask, I been most places there.
Hope the rest of the trip is fantastic, which I'm sure it will be!
Oh and I can do a few phrases writen or fonetic if you need! like 男 and 女 the first male and second female (you dont want to go to the wrong toilet!)

So all the best!!!
RoundUp

Postby Golem on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:27 pm

Sounds like an excellent experience awaits! My other half has roots in that area (particularly Sri Lanka). Rather than tell me what you must do, she has some advice on things you must beware of!

Keep careful watch on your luggage. If someone slips drugs into your luggage, you're in rather a lot of trouble. Apparently there's a feud going on between the government and the Tamil Tigers out in Sri Lanka, so beware!

Not that I want to scare you off going..! ;)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Golem

Postby AndyPandy on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:18 am

Hello all,

thought I would come in and say hi. In Goa, India at the moment which is pretty nice. Going North Tomorrow to Haridwar via some places for Diwali. Golem, just come from Sri Lanka and as far as I can tell no drugs have been planted. If I found them now tho its only to my benifit. The Gov and Tammil Tigers signed a ceasfire while I was there although there was a bombing about 6miles from where I was staying. Really nice country. Nice to see you guys are getting some good draws in there.

Good luck in the Wireplay league,

AP

Oh yeh Roundup, in China I've got a month to get from Hong Kong (gotta get me visa first) to Bejiing. Are trains the best way to go? planes are a no go. And if there are any places you think I have to see which is on a line with those cities that would be cool. Pretty much have no idea what we are doing there. :)
AndyPandy
TF2 Match Maker

Postby RoundUp on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:40 pm

Wow Cool!

Trains are probably the best bet if you cant fly. do expect to be on one for 24hours so make sure you get a bed as well. Its apparently law that you must hoot your horn as you overtake... I couldn't get a wink of sleep on the coach's
I Love Guilin, (wifes home town) the most amazing hills, and lots of pritty tourist places.. not bad english in shops. thats not (relatively) far from hong kong, could go up to chongquing, a silk place I think, not been but its supposed to be good. then Xi'an for terracotta army. and the capitol before Beijing was. then Beijing?
if you fancy shanghai or love massive metropolises. there is hanzhou the city of lakes.. and shouzhou... not sure of spelling, but it has so many chinese gardens... hundreds!

Hope this helps!
So so jealous sounds like a lot of fun!
RoundUp

Postby Golem on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:59 pm

I do hope you post loads of photos on your return. I'll be going to Sri Lanka sometime in the future myself to see my fiance's family and the sights of KL. Have a safe and thoroughly pleasurable remainder of your adventure mate. :D
Golem

Postby AndyPandy on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Hello all.

I came back at christmas and looking forward to some good deaths. Was trying to get online on sunday but been having some problems with my internet connection.

Neway,

Good to be back
AndyPandy
TF2 Match Maker

Postby RoundUp on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:39 pm

let me be the first to bombard you with WELCOME HOME!

Had fun???
RoundUp

Postby Golem on Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:18 am

Let me be the second. :) So yes, do tell, Captain Adventure!
Golem

Postby Golem on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:51 am

... and Pandy was no more? :(

I guess those probs with the 'net connection are worse than we first feared.
Golem

Postby AndyPandy on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:59 pm

Hey :)

I am here...just.

Been very hectic recently and it wasnt my internet connection but my comp which is the problem. Almost impossible to play it. Unfortunately I havnt had time to try to sort it out but Im gonna give it a go tommoz so hopefully Ill be available on Sunday. Hopefully. Quite frustrating cause I can see theres a couple of new classes with improvements. Even if one of em is Heavy.I know its blasphemy for an FTDer not to like that class cause its just seeing how long you can be shot for.
AndyPandy
TF2 Match Maker

Postby Golem on Tue May 19, 2009 10:01 am

Will we ever see our beloved Pandy again? :cry:

(Even if he doesn't like the Heavy...)
Golem

Return to Any old iron