C&C3 1v1

15-17th August 2008!
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Re: C&C3 1v1

Post by CyberDrac »

I don't know about anyone else, but I was disappointed when it was switched from a League format which reduced the number of games I was likely to play from 7 to 2 for double elimination, turning it to single elimination would likely reduce the number of games played to 1. I bought the game, a genre I don't often play, solely for the purpose of playing at the LAN, so that I can participate is this competition since a number of participants were actively enthusing about it to the point of having a competition organised. If the tournament went to single elimination I might as well not open the wrapper when it arrives and just sell it on.

CD
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

Single elimination is not something we are going to go to, mainly for the reasons CD mentions, single elim would see half of the participants out afte ronly 1 match.

I changed it from league to double elim as I thought a league would take too long to play and because of the success of the double elim format at LL9.
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
evilgangsta
Yearling
Yearling

Post by evilgangsta »

Don't forget a single match of an rts lasts about 3 times as long as one would for a fps possibly longer if it is 2v2.
If the ut2k4 tourney was a league im guessing it would take all weekend with 18 entrants,
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Kanonfodda »

evilgangsta wrote:Don't forget a single match of an rts lasts about 3 times as long as one would for a fps possibly longer if it is 2v2.
If the ut2k4 tourney was a league im guessing it would take all weekend with 18 entrants,
I figured it would take a fair while, hence the change from league to double elim :)
evilgangsta
Yearling
Yearling

Post by evilgangsta »

Yeah I guess it would have to be spread over the whole weekend.

I guess there are pros and cons to each type of setup, for example if it had been single elimination last time Riper would have won the ut2k4 and not Yazor.

A league will always be the most fair but also it consumes the most time.
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

With the tournament software as it stands, then at least some of the first matches can start on the Friday if they players are present and can get organised, you may even be able to get the first round out of the way before the other tournaments start on the Saturday.

Overall I am less concerned with the logistics of who eventually wins, personally I am just after getting a couple of games in to fill my time and get a little intensity in my LAN gaming, something that being in a tournament does for me. Anything more than a single competitive game would be a bonus.

CD
evilgangsta
Yearling
Yearling

Post by evilgangsta »

Same here while I appreciate that I can play any game against anyone at anytime I like the challenge of competing in a competition, I have a feeling a good number of us in the cnc tourney will be there on friday so some games will be able to get under way, i do hope we get 4 more people interested so it can be 2v2.
D3TH
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by D3TH »

At this current time i don't have a working copy (disk is messed) of the game so i am out anyway. Plus i can't buy it as i already brought two games for this LAN alone and i ain't made of money,, especially as i am going to i34 weekend before
Lans Attended: LL9, i33, i34, LL10, i35, i36, LL11

Lans Planning to Attended = i37, LL12

http://www.chris-mccafferty.info

evilgangsta
Yearling
Yearling

Post by evilgangsta »

If you have a key then plenty of us have the disk so don't worry now get on with doing what you do best and drum up another 4 players so we can get a 2v2 going.
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

Well, as long as you can borrow a working disk, you'll have a CD-Key with yours which you can use quite legitimately if you need to reinstall on the first day of the LAN.

CD
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

adam.fielder is well up for taking part in this. Two to go.
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

1. Joosebug
2. Dragon
3. Ripper
4. Kanonfodda
5. adam.fielder

2 more? I make it 3.
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Ah for some reason I thought Ripper wasn't in the list... nm. :)
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Kanonfodda »

Excellent, keep it coming guys :)

not looking forward to converting to a team based tournament, but keep it coming! :)
Wufflez
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wufflez »

I've never lagged in a 4v4 RTS game, although I've mainly played DoW online.

CnC3 is more graphicly demanding, so maybe that's why 4v4s are laggy for people playing it. A 2v2 would be perfect for the LL10 tourny though.

By the way, why are some boxes in the tourny tree a slightly lighter orange than the others?

P.S. I'm gonna spank you Onionstar, like a little boy caught taking biccies from the cookie jar in a small village shop :twisted: ahem.
All your strokes are belong to Wuff.