UT Tournement

April 16th - 18th 2010
Haste
Weanling
Weanling

Re: UT Tournement

Post by Haste »

i done it at some stupid time in the morning, so its already done, im making sure to tell my friends to take off ut2004 so it goes down :) soz
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Ugh, this again.

The idea of the list is to make sure we choose games that the majority of the attendees have access to, whatever it may be. Warsow is all the more likely if we find no other game meets the required 16 or more players.

If there are TWO games that are played by 16 or more, then we can make a decision based on what we've chosen in the past or by putting it to a final vote by poll in these forums. We've done this before.

In the case of the crazy TF2 vs. COD4 thing we had some LANs back, we chose neither because it was too spicey a subject.

As someone's already said, some games are more suited to a 1v1 tourny than others. L4D, for example, would never work, so even if that ended up in no.1 we'd never choose that as our 1v1 tourny game.

Just bear all this in mind when compiling your lists! Just tell us what you've got and we'll sort out the rest.
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

Exactly what Golem says, there's no point 'voting down' UT2004 in favour of CoD4, I have both on my list, they aren't in competition, one is a team game the other is perfect for 1v1, it's a bit like me taking CoD4 off my list 'cos I want a Plants vs Zombies tournament.

edit 1: on a related note is it even worth considering CoD:MW2 since you can't run LAN servers without an Internet connection? If MPUK had problems running a tournament due to it's quirks then it sounds like a lot of hassle.

edit 2: If you think that coming and winning the tournament at a LlamaLAN is the most important thing about attending then I think that you may be missing out on the true essence of the event and some of the reasons why it's proved so popular.

edit 3: This manipulation of the games list and this sort of pointless bickering fanboiism has spoilt two events for me in the past, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd just like to play as many games as I can with as many people as possible rather than wander aimlessly between empty servers, and an accurate games list is the key to that.
SneakyRusski
Weanling
Weanling

Post by SneakyRusski »

I LOVE LLAMA LAN! <3 maaaaaayte, you dun wanna ruin tourneys for russki. now add games -.- x
Haste
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Haste »

im not manipluting, and when it comes down to it i dont actually own the game, its was my friends that i borrowed, and i think warsaw would be more even becuase nobody has like 3 years experience playing the game, unlike some who are really quite good at Ut2004, as you say, people come here to play have and have fun, my difinition of fun, isnt getting dommed by golem if end up with him in Ut2004 :)

ment in all niceness im not saying i wouldnt play ut2004 if it ended up as the 1v1

Edit: Has anybody looked at F.E.A.R multiplayer, i belive it can host land, bloody good game, mulitplayer is free download AND
it would be a good 1v1 tournament, and NOBODY, i dont think has must experince on it, so its an even playing feild

link: http://projectorigin.warnerbros.com/fea ... _locale=uk
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

Useful info on F.E.A.R. Combat - I've added it to the games list :)
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

I already have FEAR, but I'm downloading and getting a key for the FEAR Combat game (just in case). I didn't want to come down to hard on anyone, and I get pwned by Golem as much as the next man unless the next man is Ripper or Dezz, I would equally support a random game that everyone has an opportunity to be equally poor at.
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Kanonfodda »

I've got a key and put the game on the LlamaLAN FTP server for the event :)
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

Make sure that you get the 107 to 108 US patch which will be needed immediately after install since the auto downloader fails (I have it if you need it)
YaZoR
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by YaZoR »

Haste wrote:i think warsaw would be more even becuase nobody has like 3 years experience playing the game
:roll: :wink:
meh
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Kanonfodda »

CyberDrac wrote:Make sure that you get the 107 to 108 US patch which will be needed immediately after install since the auto downloader fails (I have it if you need it)
ahh, cheers for that. Got that as well now :)
SneakyRusski
Weanling
Weanling

Post by SneakyRusski »

I blame yazor for ALL of this; if he wasnt so darn good...

we'd still have UT2004 ;) x