why not more?

sparton
Blue Squad
Blue Squad

why not more?

Post by sparton »

Hey, um quick question; why do you only have two lans a year? Is it a case of money, or hire of the hall or participant signup or...other?

I'm jus curious is all. That's why my friends call me whiskers..
I'm on everythaang.
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Re: why not more?

Post by CyberDrac »

I can't speak officially for the others, but it is something along the lines of ... we'd rather do two good LANs a year with all the attention to detail that they need than three or more less than perfect LANs. There are also elements of people feeling that they can commit to two a year but if it was three they'd probably choose not to attend one and our pool of attendees isn't at a level where we could consistent fill a LAN if that started to happen. We're also one LAN among many in the UK, once we rule out the Epic.LAN dates, the e.Lite dates, the insomnia series dates and the StratLANs, we're already practically restricted from about 12 weekends a year and people generally can't LAN once a month much as they might like to.

I hope that gives you an insight, we put a lot of heart and soul into the LlamaLAN events and that is a drain on resources when we all have full time jobs and most have young families as well, we bring you as many as we feel we can that meet our high standards.
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

I support all CD just said - personal note, I can't justify more than two a year ;)
chrisakira
Blue Squad
Blue Squad

Post by chrisakira »

to be fair golem can only just manage to sort out all the story based stuff (videos/announcements etc) for the 2 lans a year, and that includes staying up until 7am sunday morning finishing off video rendering with the help of KF and his army of virtual machines =P (luv ya really golem =D)
http://www.gamefanshop.com/partner-ChrisAkira/

Check out the Game Fan Shop for awesome deals on great games, and help support my http://www.twitch.tv/chrisakira channel =D
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

chrisakira wrote:...with the help of KF and his army of virtual machines =P ...
lol, what a great image :)

but yes mr Sparton sir, the main reason is time. time to book the hall (it is only available on certain weekends), time for people to attend, time for us to get things ready :)

you are not the first to ask this question and I take it as a sign we are doing things right because people always want more, so I thank you for this vote of confidence and look forward to seeing you and your guys in April :D
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D