LlamaLAN 6 - Post Event feedback and comments

The lords of the sixth! Coming this Haloween :D
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

LlamaLAN 6 - Post Event feedback and comments

Post by CyberDrac »

Firstly we would like to thank everyone who attended or had any input into this event. We never rest on our laurels and are looking for constructive and objective comments about the last event and how you feel it went, equally, please let us know what we are doing well so that we don't change it! Secondly I would like to thank Kanonfodda, LittleGem, and Kryton for all their hard work leading up to, and during, the event, a mention should also go out to Pru and Er00 for their valient attempts to get people into the Halloween spirit, another shout goes out to Owen, Golem, and Gabriel who have just spent the last two and a half hours helping us pack up.

On that note I would like to put comments in ... gg wp k thx ... nice tournie (we'll get on the case about sending you the prizes once the game is released) ... some great games, not as many official big games as planned, but the big games seemed to evolve every so often without strictly speaking being organised, and of course the game of the LAN BF2. Memorable monets include Er00 dumping her entire head underwater to get and apple, and the brief moments of joy experienced whenever I manage to actually kill Axe in UT2004 :)

See you at the next one

CD
Buzz
Cria
Cria

Post by Buzz »

I would like to just show my appreciation on behalf of my fellow clan members for hosting such a fantastic weekend for us all.

Sorry about putting the tent up inside lmfao it was a =|MAD|= drunken mission :twisted:

hope you get the pics up soon.

Cheers

Buzz
Show me a sane man, and I will cure him for you
Rik
Cria
Cria

Post by Rik »

Yup, was a good crack - well done guys and gals.
=|MAD|=Rik-[HL][FD]
BlackVelvet
Weanling
Weanling

Post by BlackVelvet »

even tho i was only spectating i had a great weekend, really great bunch of people, thanx to everyone ;)

anyone uses msn feel free to add me

xenobitch@hotmail.com

*edit*

.co.uk not .com :roll:
Last edited by BlackVelvet on Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center>=|MAD|=/-(aaK)- Clan manager

Image</center>
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Had a good time this weekend, the BF2 made a great tournament game. I can't remember which teams we (FTD) fought in which order but I remember some challenging moments. Thanks. :O) Armagetron made a welcome comeback, very funny stuff. Projector games for t3h win!1!11 Also great to see some old faces and new faces alike. Snuffsaid is a funny chap to sit next to.

Feedback: Well you probably already know, the Sunday Grand Final plan was a good experiment but perhaps best avoided in future. ;) Axe wanted to know about location of the local supermarket... is it worth leaving everyone on their info sheets a small map of the immediate vicinity locating where the large Co-Op store is on foot and by car? I'd also like to mention that the venue is a brilliant location for an event like this. :)

I've uploaded the best pics I got of the weekend, so peruse the gallery at your will.
snuffsaid
Cria
Cria

Post by snuffsaid »

smashing event

thoroughly enjoyed it, although i dont remember much about friday night (that would be the black vodka 8-)

axe i forgot completely about that quote 8-p

and golem your not the most boring person to sit next too either hehe

to all the rest thanx for making it an event to be rememberedand as long as im about and in the country ill be at the next one

FTD for tha win!!11111oneoneone1!!!.
For Good or For Awesome!!
BlackVelvet
Weanling
Weanling

Post by BlackVelvet »

yup ill def be there too

Image</center>
Rik
Cria
Cria

Post by Rik »

Just been thinking about the Big Games - perhaps it would encourage more people to take part if they were organised into a tourny like the tourny game (without prizes would be fine, just for the bragging rights) - I know I might have been keener to wake up at 10 in the morning each day if it was like that.

Just had another thought too (think my brain is finally recovering!) perhaps the first big game, you could draw names out of a hat for teams so people are playing with people they don't know - a sort of ice breaker if you know what I mean.
=|MAD|=Rik-[HL][FD]
Oysterizer
Cria
Cria

Post by Oysterizer »

Hiya,

yea had areally good time, also enjoyied MADs company.....only suggestion i can think of right now is that ppl with spectators might want to have an end row. It would save the poor spectators from having to be sqeezed in between two rows of gamers all night :)

cheers
oyst.
BlackVelvet
Weanling
Weanling

Post by BlackVelvet »

well speaking as a spectator i didnt find it too bad, people were freindly enough not to mind tripping over us all the time and it was good to not be stuck on our own but to have people behind us to talk to as well as our own companions but i did feel we were kind of in the way thats all. dont know if id like being kind of segragated like that

Image</center>
OdiN
Cria
Cria

Post by OdiN »

Out of interest - what was this so called Mystery Game? We barely stuck to the agenda and it did peak some interest...
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

OdiN wrote:Out of interest - what was this so called Mystery Game? We barely stuck to the agenda and it did peak some interest...
We were going to play either Doom3 co-op or AvP2, I decided that AvP2 was a better bet and when I wandered around there was actually a game of it going on at that time. As for the lack of following of the agenda, we did set up servers running for the appropriate games at the appropriate times, and each time I shouted out what game people should be playing and the fact that there was a server running :), but no-one seemed to pay a blind bit of notice :(... we are looking into better ways of spreading the word and getting the attention for next event :D, we will also make in known that anyone attending the next event is expected to particiapte more in the big games, espcially since they were games which you vote for and the most popular ones are played, the choice is always yours but we'll be more'forceful' next time ... I'll get my beating stick out!;)

CD
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Yes, do. Enough of these 4v4 muckabouts. :D
OdiN
Cria
Cria

Post by OdiN »

For sure. Disconnecting servers and computers from the network ought to work ;) Admin abuse and all but it is needed to have a bit of structure or people will just play whatever they want all the time and not participate in anything.

The whole time I was there there wasn't a single game played (apart fromt he tourny where you stood to gain something) where everyone joined in at the same time. I didn't see a 40 man game of ut2004 or any large CSS game played.

I kinda hoped it would be more structured when I heard you guys had an agenda - but it was still chaotic. Another point was that nobody knew what anyone was playing without having to actually looking at their screen. Would it be possible to perhaps set something up that has a sort of status of who is playing what on some projector? A tall order I know but at least you can keep an eye on what game is being played by the majority and perhaps join in?
BlackVelvet
Weanling
Weanling

Post by BlackVelvet »

yeah i think u really need to be more forceful in future, nobody knew who was playing what
and there was a lot of people sticking to their own groups going on.
also alot of people were saying they didnt have the games being played or their pc wouldnt run them, which is kinda silly imo if your at a lan lol

Image</center>