The Frag Test Dummies began in '99 in an unsuspecting UK council office, where some members of its IT team felt it was necessary to test the new network witth some high bandwidth software... quake II. :)
FTD have grown from there to regular LAN parties and onto the net. Starting out only in Q3F, FTD has stuck its fingers in other pies, such as Soldiers of Fortune and Battlefield 1942.
Probably the most common theme throughout any faction is insanity, which is regarded highly as an essential quality. We make the most of every game - that is, we do what our best to win and move on up, while making sure we have a laugh!
General FTD Code of Play
These rules apply throughout every faction.
- Rule No.1. Enjoy the game.
- Rule No.2. Enjoy the game.
- Play to make the most of it - show your talent and teamwork and help your team reach its goals.
- Keep talking - communicate continuously both in and out of the game and keep your teammates informed.
- Don't stir trouble inside FTD or with any other clan or player. Remember you're wearing clan tags.
- Patience is a virtue, especially before a match or when you or your team are trying to find footing.
- Your score doesn't matter - it's the team that counts.
- Respect is Everything, to your fellow dummies and those you meet and play against. Allow people to make their mistakes because believe it or not you aint perfect either.
- Be mature about matters.
- While there may be leaders, trainees, ranks, and superiors, everyone is to be treated equally and fairly.
- Help out - don't just turn up for matches if you can do more.
- Don't forget to pay attention to your life outside FTD either, whether you have exams, bills, other halfs, sprogs, parents, religious duties, or annual baths.
- Remember we're here to ultimately enjoy ourselves. Anything you want to do which will not disrupt clan activity but will bring a laugh will be greatly appreciated. :)
The Top Bods